Anyone interested in visiting East Wind needs to write a letter of introduction by answering the questions below. Please send your Letter of Introduction by email to email@example.com or postal mail (email is preferred) to:
Membership, East Wind Community
1361 County Rd 547
Tecumseh, MO 65760
After we receive your letter, our membership team will be in contact with you about setting up a visitor period. We receive many emails daily, so please be patient when waiting for a reply.
If you are under the age of 18, East Wind requires legal consent from a parent or guardian in order for you to visit.
If you are a family applying for membership please see our Family Visitor page.
Letter Of Introduction Questions
Please answer the following questions. Take the time to add as much detail and personality as you would like as these questionnaires will be posted for current community members to read.
- What is your full legal name as well as nickname if you would prefer?
- What is your current age and birth date?
- What is your gender or what gender do you identify with?
- Do you have any children or are you currently married?
- Do you currently have any pets? If yes, are you willing to find new homes for them if asked by community?
- How did you learn about East Wind and why do you want to visit?
- Please give a detailed description of your work history, including work not traditionally valued with pay such as volunteering, activism, and managing a household.
- Please give a detailed description of your hobbies and interests.
- What would you consider to be your overall temperament and demeanor?
- From day one, you are accountable for 35 hours of labor every week you are at East Wind. Though there will be visitor orientations and people you can ask for help, you will be expected to make your own schedule and find where you can apply your strengths on your own. Do you feel like you’ll be able to jump right in?
- Have you ever participated in a drug program or been admitted to a treatment center? If yes, for what?
- Please give us a way you can be reached prior to your visit as well as full emergency contact information in case of an emergency during your visit.
- Do you have any allergies or specific dietary needs?
- Please describe any medical conditions you have, including any mental health issues. Have you ever been hospitalized for any stated medical conditions?
- Past trouble with the law will not disqualify you from a visitor period or membership, but we expect honesty and such things do come to light in any case. Please describe in full detail your criminal record, if any.
- Do you receive any outside income— such social security, disability, child support, pension plan etc—and if so, would you be comfortable turning over said income to community for the duration of your membership after becoming a full member?
- Are you interested in full membership at East Wind? You can read our full legislation relevant to membership and visitor status here.
- What is your first, second, and third choice of visitor period (they begin the 1st Monday of the month)?
- Please feel free to add any additional things you think we should know about yourself or your situation.
Being forthright and honest in your letter will help both you and us communicate effectively. All letters of introduction are publicly posted for the community to read. This is our way to learn a little about the people we will be sharing our home with before their arrival. When you arrive, individuals with similar interests and hobbies may already be looking forward to meeting you!